Friday, January 25, 2013

Raining Cats and Dogs

It's raining cats and dogs here and apparently also Parisian women! Today I am completely clad from head to toe in J. Crew (sans rain boots) including the J. Crew La Parisienne sweater. I haven't found a way to resist all of the cute sweaters featuring some sort of quirky icon or critter this season. My collection now includes this Parisian women, a French hen (hanging next to the La Parisienne sweater in my closet because they are both French so I figured they would get along!), a Scottie dog, a pear, a psycho bunny and hearts. My gut instinct told me that this depiction of a very fashionable lady was a mix of cute with a bit of hideousness, but that makes it charming. Last night on Project Runway they featured a guy who finds sweaters at the Salvation Army and screen prints weird cat images onto them. If he can be a success doing this, I don't see the harm in wearing my Parisian lady!

The skirt I am wearing was a product of the epic sale now going on at J. Crew. It is the classic mini in felted wool. It was $21 after all discounts. The color, which is heritage green, is much more vibrant in person than it is on their website or my photos. I was also able to score some other fabulous sale finds including the Everly suede pumps for $31 this week in store. When I went on Monday, the sale was pretty picked over and I assume it is even more so today, but if you rumage through you can still finds some deals.

Usually I don't shop too much at the J. Crew factory, but my clutch today is the Vero clutch from the factory outlet. It is very bright in the neon citrus lime color, adding a bit of color to a bleak, dreary day. It's also perfect for a girl who takes photos next to an orange tree!






Since this post is titled "Raining Cats and Dogs" I thought I would share some rainy day pictures of William. William, like most Springer Spaniels really earns the title of being a "Velcro Dog." He is by your side constantly and will only leave occasionally to go to the bathroom or investigate a noise outside. This morning, however, my husband and I realized that William was missing for about a half hour. I went outside to investigate and lo and behold William had found that the hole dug for a new lime tree was filled with glorious muddy water. William was using this mud hole as his own personal spa and swimming pool. Here are some post-spa pictures of William.


6 comments:

  1. This is adorable, you & William, both! :) Where are the rainboots from, btw? I like them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I bought the rainboots two years ago at Marshalls. I think the brand is Capelli.

      Delete
  2. You look great from head-to-toe! I am loving the critter sweater trend too - I need to break my JCF puffin sweater back out ...
    Aw, your dog is too funny! My pup seems to always find that one little plot of water to get all muddy in - she did the exact same thing at the dog park today!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lisa! I love the JCF puffin sweater and I'm sad I missed out on it. It's funny how dogs like the same things, like mud.

      Delete
  3. i love that sweater - what a find! i haven't spotted it at all in SF...
    and william looks so funny!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Laura. They haven't had this sweater by me for a while too. I bought it a little while back before it sold out.

      Delete

Say hello to Hello Katie! I would love to hear from you!