Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Treat Yourself Tuesday

While rolling up to the drive through window today at Del Taco, I noticed a sign which read "Treat Yourself." Below it featured a slew of tasty dessert items offered by the fast food chain. Treat yourself has long been a favorite motto of mine. I'm trying to do it a little less lately, mostly due to the realization that I have all I will ever need for the next 100 years or so in regards to clothing and shoes, however if something is truly special then I don't see the harm in treating myself. 

One such treat was waiting for me on my doorstep today. Tacos in hand (from Del Taco) I unwrapped the following, gorgeous J. Crew Collection Contessa Pumps in Vivid Aqua . These sold out in this color a little while ago and then came back in stock just in time for J. Crew's latest 25% off any purchase promo. I snatched them up just before they became sold out again. I fancy the juxtaposition of snakeskin with the soft pastel colors. They remind me of cotton candy.

Anyway, I sized up 1/2 a size for these, which is what I normally do with pointy toed shoes. I like the sort of Manolo Blahnik-esque look of the silhouette. I had a bad experience with Manolos (sorry Carrie) and therefore I love the fact that J. Crew offers a similar style (also made in Italy) for a fraction of the price.

These are definitely winners in my book and my imagination is running wild with all of the possibilities of what to pair them with. My only concern is they are a little high. I just hope I don't topple over lest I become fashion roadkill. (This is an allusion to a Sex in the City episode, just in case you were scratching your head.) Never the less, I am head over heels for this tasty treat for my feet.

Have you treated yourself to anything "tasty" lately? 

4 comments:

  1. Yes, way too much! The bags and scarf in Paris - lol. Lovely shoes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love all of your Parisian treats on your blog! They will be wonderful reminders of your trip.

      Delete
  2. What beautiful shoes, lucky you!!! I think the texture and colors are quite interesting together in a good way. I look forward to seeing how you style them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you M! I also was drawn to the mixing of texture and color, which I hope will lend itself to lots of styling possibilities.

      Delete

Say hello to Hello Katie! I would love to hear from you!