Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Aloha From the Beach

Summer is winding down, so it's time to be in denial about the whole going back to school thing! Instead of facing reality, it's time to fool myself and go to the beach and perhaps throwback a Mai Tai or two! I think I may have found my a new tiki bar hangout in Huntington Beach called Don the Beachcomber. While we actually didn't step inside its Polynesian interior on this visit for a drink, I think coming back to try a flaming bowl of something or other might have to be added to my list of things to do!



The skirt I am wearing is my only purchase from the Nordstrom anniversary sale. I already own a white skirt, but I wanted one that was a little longer and fuller. This one just happened to fit the bill. With summer coming to an end. I am trying to wear as much white as possible. 





In addition to walking around the harbor and looking at some boats, I also tried out a new accessory. You probably already know how attached I am to my Papaya colored Prada tote, but how about a new orange accessory?


For example, an orange electric bike! Truth be told I am not in the market for one of these, especially since the sticker price is more than what my Prada tote cost, but my aunt is, so we took this one for a test drive. These electric bikes are really peppy and you can rev them up and go flying, which is what I think I am probably doing in the picture.


At sunset we watched the "super moon", the second of the season I think, from the patio. It was a nice way to end the day and take your mind off of summer coming to a close!



Linking up with Mix and Match Fashion summer style linkup

Skirt: Nordstom/Chelsea29 White Midi Skirt similar here
Shirt: J. Crew Seahorse Tee last seen here
Shoes: J. Crew Evie Metallic Mid-heel Sandal here
Bag: Prada Saffiano Tote in Papaya 
Bracelet: J. Crew Beach Ball Bracelet 
Watch: kate spade "Carlyle" Bow Watch

4 comments:

  1. Ok this graphic tee and skirt combo is darling! I would never have thought of pairing that together but it looks like a cute dress! Love the sandals too, beautiful photos!


    Jessi
    www.haircutandgeneralattitude.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jessi! Actually everyone else thought it was a dress too! I guess that's what happens when you pair white with white.

      Delete
  2. I love the new accessory that you tried out! Sassy! ;) Gorgeous pics, btw.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, very sassy! I don't think I'll be purchasing it anytime soon, but it is a fun way to get around and since it's electric it's a lot less work than using a "regular" bike.

      Delete

Say hello to Hello Katie! I would love to hear from you!