Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Photo Floral for Fall

My first official sweater of the season! Well, maybe not my first sweater, but the first thick one with just a hint of wool.  I don't know how many people bother to get excited about such a thing, but I was pretty stoked to don a sweater last week when we had a couple slightly cool and overcast days. Now it actually feels like fall as opposed to midsummer here in Los Angeles.

I'm trying to find ways to take some of my spring/summer patterns and make them transition into cooler days. One example would be my "Photo Floral Patio" skirt from J. Crew. I paired it with some dots and a collared embellished shirt for a little fall touch. This outfit was perfect until the sun came out mid afternoon which gave way to warmer temps, but at least I had a little taste of fall. Unfortunately I couldn't find any fall foliage which would have been the perfect backdrop to today's post. As you can see there's still a lot of green (despite our drought) here in California!







Linking Up With:
Trend Spin
What I Wore

Skirt: J. Crew "Photo Floral" Patio skirt 
Sweater: J. Crew Factory Warmspun French Knot here
Shirt: Ann Taylor Embellished Perfect shirt 
Shoes: J. Crew Mirror/Silver ballet flats
Bag: J. Crew Tilda 
Watch: Tissot 
Sunglasses: Prada

2 comments:

  1. Just when I thought I didn't need anymore sweaters... ahhh!
    This outfit is just gorgeous Katie. Another one of my favorites that you've posted!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Laura! I totally don't need any sweaters (especially given how infrequently I wear them), but I couldn't resist this one! I love the knotted dots!

      Delete

Say hello to Hello Katie! I would love to hear from you!