Sunday, November 16, 2014

Time for Tartan

I'm so excited that here in Los Angeles a string of overcast, cloudy, cool days has come our way. It doesn't feel like SoCal, rather it feels more like Seattle. I suppose it's a little strange that this type of gloomy weather makes me feel so happy since it's usually the other way around with most people. I guess it's just because it feels so exotic in this part of the country!

To be brief, I am ushering in the holiday season by wearing a little Tartan today. Both the sweatshirt and the Blackwatch tartan pants are from LOFT and both were purchased last year, however they quickly became some of my go to pieces last year and will get much love this fall and winter. It might be a little early to start breaking out the plaid, tartan and rich hunter green colors, but if they can play Christmas music already at the mall than I can start donning holiday attire!








Pants: LOFT similar here
Shoes: Forever 21 (only $18!) here
Bag: Lauren Mirken 
Watch: Tissot 
Bracelet: Forever 21
Sunglasses: Prada "Baroque"

10 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you Eva! These are definitely my favorite pair of sunglasses. I love the scroll details!

      Delete
  2. I have been admiring those Tartan Pants on many bloggers lately. They are lovely. And I wish my pointy silver wedge shoes were comfy so I could wear them more. Also, I need a Peter Pan-collared Sweater. Such a chic and slightly prepster look.

    Happy Monday Love!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ada! I have had so many problems with pointy toe shoes and strangely enough my cheaper pairs (like these from Forever 21) have all ended up being way more comfy than my expensive pairs. You should definitely go for the Tartan/plaid pants!

      Delete
  3. Super cute! I love how those pants are printed but they aren't super loud. (if that makes any sense haha)
    www.amemoryofus.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I know exactly what you mean about being "loud". I have some "louder" plaid but I find I wear these a lot because they are more neutral and not too "holiday" looking.

      Delete
  4. cute outfit! I have been looking for a pair of plaid pants! Thanks!

    Lindsey
    Thrift and Shout

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! The Brooks Brothers pair I suggested are just like these and a great option for plaid. Good luck finding your perfect pair!

      Delete
  5. beautiful! absolutely chic! perfect trousers and sweater!love it!
    i so copying this outfit!

    Irene
    www.thedailylace.com

    ReplyDelete

Say hello to Hello Katie! I would love to hear from you!