Sunday, January 18, 2015

Going to the Dogs

Brooks Brothers really did a bang up job this year with the dog prints. From wool skirts and sweaters to this adorable shirt dress, they had a wealth of offerings for those who love dogs. I ended up with this dress and a wool skirt with little pointers embroidered on it, last seen here. If you make an article of clothing with some sort of sporting dog on it, I am most likely going to buy it, and apparently I am not alone. Clearly Brooks Brothers understands their target audience.

I bought this dress during the Brooks Brothers after Christmas sale last month. It was quite an ingenious plan that I concocted to get it. I saw that they were having a sale so I showed my husband the email and asked him if he might like to look (he loves their made in the USA shirts) because I saw some shirts that he might like were on sale. When my husband was about to place an order I then conveniently mentioned that there were a couple things that I wanted and might I add them to his shopping cart? Well, it worked! Plus, my husband also tends to veer towards the preppy side when it comes to the things he likes in my wardrobe, so it was a win win situation.










Linking Up With: Let it Shine and How I Fall

Dress: Brooks Brothers here
Shoes: J. Crew "Valentina" here
Bag: Dooney and Bourke "Alto" 
Belt: Brooks Brothers Similar Here
Necklace: J. Crew here
Sunglasses: Prada

8 comments:

  1. This dog dress is beautiful and such a Katie Dress. Love that you paired it with red and cognac. I want the dress, belt, bag and shoes. Looking stunning, Katie!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ada! The doggy print definitely makes this a "katie dress"!

      Delete
  2. This shirt dress is so wonderfully retro! And I'm loving those sassy red heels with it!

    http://bedknobsandbaubles.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jessica! I love adding a pop of red to more neutral outfits. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  3. That dog print dress is so adorable! I love the retro vibe too. Love it paired with the red heels also! You look great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Julie! I thought standing next to a vintage gas pump would definitely assist in creating the retro vibe! :)

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Thanks Marie! I can't resist an adorable print, especially one with dogs!

      Delete

Say hello to Hello Katie! I would love to hear from you!