Sunday, March 1, 2015

Stripes and Ruffles On a Cloudy Day

The weather has taken a turn for the dark and stormy the last couple of days, not that I am complaining. The grey, cool weather has given me a chance to don some of the things in my closet that I rarely get to wear, for example this trench coat from Anthropologie. I absolutely had to have this coat when it came out a years ago, eventually finding it at an Anthropologie in Las Vegas. Despite my frantic quest to obtain it, I find that it doesn't get much use because I actually rarely wear coats out here in Los Angeles. 

Underneath my ruffly coat, I went for sort of a Mod Squad inspired look with the big over-sized sunglasses (we actually had glimpses of sun today and regardless I like to keep incognito), black and white striped dress and to finish it off, a pop of bright red.  It's always nice to throw in a hint of color, especially on a grey day like today!  











Linking Up With: Shoe and TellStill Being Molly and How I Fall

Dress: LOFT Embellished Stripe Sweatshirt Dress: here
Trench: Anthropologie "Clinton"
Shoes: H&M
Bag: Vince Camuto "Louise" clutch: here
Tights: Vera Wang
Sunglasses: Prada "Baroque" 

15 comments:

  1. Your dress, ruffled trench and those tassel booties are all so beautiful and unique. They all have such fun details.

    The other day, I was reading back posts from you from a couple of years ago. I always dig what you wear. You seriously have the best sweaters, dresses, skirts and shoes, Katie. I pinned many favorite looks. =) You are so girly, preppy, colorful and stylish ALWAYS!


    Happy Monday My Friend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are always so sweet Ada! I really appreciate you checking out my older posts and pinning some of the looks. I sometimes have fun checking out these older posts to see how I have changed over the last few years. I hope you are having a wonderful week too!

      Delete
  2. Interesting pieces well put together! Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this dress, casual but more dressed up with the embellishement on the dress, so pretty, I love that you paired with a red clutch and stockings. Awesome look! How does the dress run/
    from the link up
    please stop by, jess xx
    http://www.elegantlydressedandstylish.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jessica! The dress runs a little bit on the large size, but I find that to be pretty typical of LOFT. I am wearing an xs here if that helps. The other issue I have with LOFT dresses is that they are always short on me (I'm 5'9") and this one is no exception. The tights are a nice way to get around the dress being a little short.

      Delete
  4. That is such a beautiful coat and I am so happy you were able to finally get it! Love the way it looks layered over your outfit! That dress is so stunning!

    Rebecca
    www.winnipegstyle.ca

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I love the ruffle details on the coat, which is what initially attracted me to it in the first place.

      Delete
  5. Hello from another California Girl! I'm stopping by from #shoeandtell to tell you how incredible you look. Funny how we go all lengths to acquire a piece to find that we seldom wear it. I often think it's the hunt that gets us going. Regardless, it's a lovely coat and you deserve it. Have a wonderful week!

    Glenda
    http://sowhattotwenty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by fellow Californian girl! I totally agree about the thrill of the hunt; it's often more fun than the actual object itself. I hope you have a great week too!

      Delete
  6. I love everything about this classic look on you! The ruffled trench is darling and worth the hassle of snagging it!

    http://bedknobsandbaubles.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jessica! The coat was definitely worth the hunt and the hassle. I just wish we had more "coat weather" here so I could get more use out of it!

      Delete
  7. I really adore this look! All of the small details in each piece really make them stand out!
    xo Lindsay
    middleofsomewhereblog.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lindsay! I am all about the details. They always make such a huge difference! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  8. Love your shoes!! And I am a big fan of black opaque tights with black shoes under just about any dress. Great classic look! Thank you for linking up with SHOE AND TELL on Style Nudge!

    Cherie
    http://www.stylenudge.com

    ReplyDelete

Say hello to Hello Katie! I would love to hear from you!