Wednesday, November 4, 2015

It's a Wrap!

I think this will "wrap it up" so to speak for summery outfits posted on my blog until next spring. These photos were taken during the last weekend in October while it was quite hot with temperatures surpassing 90 degrees. Looking back on October, it certainly seemed more like an extension of summer with weather that was, in many ways, even more extreme than what we experienced during July and August.  Luckily, this week has taken a turn for a decidedly more fall-like feel with cloudy skies, rain and much cooler temperatures. So with this post I think I am going to officially bid adieu to summer and say hello to fall...although this is contingent upon the weather staying cool, so who knows?



This wrap skirt was a purchase I made only a couple weeks ago. I was very lucky that the skirt came back in stock in my size. I love the idea of a wrap skirt just as long as the slit isn't too high or too revealing. Below are some other picks for wrap skirts along with bags that would match just perfectly. Just like the skirt I am wearing today, these skirts and accessories could easily be worn for summer, but could also transition nicely into the cooler fall months with the addition of some layers.


Skirt: J. Crew collection faux-wrap skirt in watercolor mosaic
Shirt: Target here
Shoes: Christian Louboutin "simple" pumps here
Belt: Target here
Bag: Louis Vuitton "Marly" in Pistache
Sunglasses: Ray-Ban similar



9 comments:

  1. Great wrap skirt! I love all the colors in it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. In love with that stunning and bright wrap skirt. I also love all the options you chose, especially all the skirts. Those wine/burgundy clutches are beautiful, too.


    P.S. Stop by the blog today and link up with me. Thanks. =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look gorgeous in this Katie! I love wrap skirts, dresses and shirts, I feel like they are so flattering on every body type! Excited to see some of your Fall outfits...since it's really cold here I need some inspo and you know I totally come to your page for that ;) Hope you are having a great week, almost Friday! YAY! XO -Kim

    ReplyDelete
  4. That wrap skirt is so vibrant and I love it with the skinny leopard belt!

    Carrie
    curlycraftymom.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your printed wrap skirt is so lovely, really nice with the chambray tank!

    We're in spring at the moment in Australia so this is the kind of outfit I'd love to be wearing! :)



    Away From The Blue Blog

    ReplyDelete
  6. and i am already looking forward to warm weather and spring! LOL!

    xo,
    Sandy
    Sandy a la Mode

    ReplyDelete
  7. Finally we're getting some fall weather in California! Yay! It's like we went straight from summer to holiday this year, right?

    Thanks for linking up!

    OXOX
    Dawn Lucy
    http://fashionshouldbefun.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hooray for the cooler temps! I love the print and color of this pretty wrap skirt. I always have a hard time with J Crew's wrap skirts opening too much for me so I tend to stick to their pencil skirts.

    Thank you for joining TBT Fashion link up and hope to see you next week. Have a great weekend!

    Alice
    www.happinessatmidlife.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Amazing post dear! I invite you to join a Giveaway on my blog:

    irenethayer.com

    ReplyDelete

Say hello to Hello Katie! I would love to hear from you!