Sunday, November 8, 2015

The Writing on the Wall

Yesterday my husband and I went to the newly opened Broad Museum in Downtown Los Angeles.  In the photos below I'm standing in front of the facade of the museum. If you haven't seen an image of The Broad, it's basically this gigantic box draped in concrete that has a net-like appearance, which is really just a shell for the building. Oh, and there's a gigantic oculus in the middle of the building on one side. This week I plan to put together a post on the museum both with a few images of its exterior and the contemporary art that can be found in the museum's interior.



I decided to drape myself in something equally visually stunning for my visit to the museum, which just happened to be this skirt from Banana Republic. The skirt appears to have scribbles on it, or some very wild cursive handwriting. The scribbles are actually X's and O's, hugs and kisses. It actually matched a Cy Twombly painting we saw at the museum just perfectly. So the writing wasn't just on my skirt, but also on the wall!






Skirt: Banana Republic "X/O Full" skirt same style here
Sweater: J. Crew here
Shoes: J. Crew here
Bag: Louis Vuitton Epi Alma turquoise
Belt: Brooks Brothers here
Necklace: LOFT



7 comments:

  1. Great outfit! And prefect for the occasion! I love the skirt! And the bag, and the necklace. The shoes. Everything!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just put a skirt in my etsy shop that I call the Graffiti skirt with writing all over it! I love your skirt! xoxo, Sandee

    ReplyDelete
  3. love the pink shoes! beautiful bold outfit!
    Irene
    www.thedailylace.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is a beautiful skirt and I love the bright colours you chose to wear with it, they all work wonderfully together :)

    Away From The Blue Blog

    ReplyDelete
  5. Outings to the museum definitely call for a fashion-forward, artsy look! That skirt is fab!

    (P.S. If you're interested, I'm hosting a giveaway for a sterling silver personalized map necklace from A.Jaffe: http://bedknobsandbaubles.com/home-sweet-home-giveaway/ )

    ReplyDelete
  6. As always, love your color combos going on here! Could you look any more like a super model in that first pic? Seriously Katie, so gorgeous! Hope your week is off to a great start my lovely friend! XO -Kim

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my that skirt is wonderful! And you're so good at putting colours together. The pops of turquoise and blue are beautiful against the black and white skirt.
    I love museums so looking forward to your post about it.

    http://petitesilvervixen.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete

Say hello to Hello Katie! I would love to hear from you!