Sunday, December 13, 2015

Tiny Dancer

The shirt I am wearing today, featuring these little ballerina dancers and such, is just one of the few items I picked up during Black Friday of this year. I was standing in line at Zara, a very long line I might add, when it caught my attention. I knew that the top was made for me, so I picked up one in what I presumed was my size and added it to the other items I was purchasing. Like I said, the line was pretty long, so that gave me some time to think over my purchase and wonder if perhaps I should try it on, just to make sure it would fit. My doubts got the best of me, so I got out of the checkout line and made my way to the even longer fitting room line. It really was a little like being at Disneyland and this, I assume, is why my husband looks at me like I am crazy every year when I announce I am going Black Friday shopping.



Well, to make a long story short, the size I originally picked out fit just perfectly. I think that probably proves that you should always trust your intuition. I also trusted my intuition when it came to styling my "tiny dancer" shirt. For winter, I went with a tweed skirt and what's becoming my signature leopard belt. I think it's sort of an unexpected combination, but girls with ribbons dancing all over a shirt is also pretty random and unexpected.




Shirt: Zara here
Skirt: Brooks Brothers similar here
Shoes: J. Crew similar here
Bag: Dooney and Bourke here
Sunglasses: Ray Ban



6 comments:

  1. I love this look and I really love the leopard print belt with it. You look amazing Katie. Also love the bright pop of the shoes! XO -Kim

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this retro vibe! That bag is GORGEOUS!!!

    bisous
    Suzanne

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are so creative and daring!! I love it! Great look!

    xx, Elise
    www.sparkleandslippers.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohh how much I love your new blouse and that tweet elegant skirt is to die for, too. My daughter has a shirt with dancing girls all over it. Now I want a grown-up version like yours.

    P.S. I emailed you a few days about a Holiday Collaboration. Could you get back at me, please? Thanks Katie.

    ReplyDelete

Say hello to Hello Katie! I would love to hear from you!