Thursday, February 4, 2016

The Road to Nowhere

Los Angeles is filled with many scenic places, some gorgeous architecture and, last but not least, incredibly decorated, colorful walls, all of which provide for some great opportunities to take photos for my blog. Sometimes I plan ahead and actively seek these locations out for a photo shoot, but sometimes, if I'm lucky, I just happen upon them. I was delighted this week when my husband and I ventured a little bit off the beaten path headed nowhere in particular and discovered a nice new restaurant that, lo and behold, had one of its exterior walls in the rear painted with a gorgeous, colorful mural. Plus, it matched my outfit, so it was a win-win situation all around! What could be better than colorful walls and good food? This just goes to show that the road to nowhere might actually lead somewhere!









Sweater: J. Crew here
Pants: J. Crew similar here
Shoes: J. Crew "Mona" similar here
Bag: Rebecca Minkoff "Sofia" here
Sunglasses: Prada "Baroque" here



9 comments:

  1. I need a pair of yellow shoes! Those are gorgeous! Good choice for the background, indeed. That mural really does match your outfit. Love the purse tassels, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a fun, colorful post. Love your choice of background as a prop and those tasseled purse is so fab. I'd love for you to stop by my new weekly Weekend Wear Friday linkup and share your style.

    xo Sheree
    http://poshclassymom.com
    IG: @poshclassymom

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha! how brilliant that the outfit you wore worked perfectly with the wall.

    bisous
    Suzanne

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a colorful wall! The tassels are a fun detail on your bag and I love this gorgeous look!

    Jill
    Doused In Pink

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous outfit and I love how the wall compliments your outfit so well!

    Thank you for joining TBT Fashion link up and hope to see you next week. Have a great weekend!

    Alice
    www.happinessatmidlife.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. This outfit is STUNNING. I love the pattern on the sweat and the bright blue pants and yellow heels! Your bag is unreal too.

    https://forsevenseasons.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Katie, this is one of my favorite looks on you ever! I love how you went bold on the bottom, such a fun mix up. The shoes are to die for...now I feel like I must have a pair of neon heels. I'm sure I would never wear them but you make them look so amazing! Hope you're having a fantastic week gorgeous! XO -Kim

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this casual look!! :)

    And those yellow heels go perfectly with the blue jeans! :)

    YouTube | Blog: Geekette in High Heels | Instagram

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your outfit works so well with the backdrop :)

    ReplyDelete

Say hello to Hello Katie! I would love to hear from you!