Thursday, June 16, 2016

I'll Take a Rain Check

The Arts District in Los Angeles, where this polka dot wall is located, is a mecca for incredible street art and walls, not to mention some great places to eat. Originally, I wanted to take photos at the Kim West mural, but much to my dismay someone painted over it and I didn't think the new mural was particularly aesthetically pleasing. I was disappointed, but life goes on. So as a back up, I went to my trusty polka dot wall that is located in an alley in back of a coffee shop/yoga studio called The Springs. It turns out that this wall matched my checked midi skirt perfectly! Then again, this wall has polka dots in just about every color, so what wouldn't it go with?



While in the Arts District, a few people complimented me on how bright and summery my outfit for today's look was, which was ironic because I chose to wear this outfit on a dreary, overcast and rainy day. The weather thing wasn't entirely my fault because the weather report on my iPhone said it was going to be sunny even though almost as soon as I stepped out the door it started the rain. So I guess instead of being like Zooey Deschanel in the iPhone commercial that came out a few years ago in which she asks Siri if it's raining out when there is clearly a downpour that can be seen just outside her window, I should have just used common sense and checked what was going on outside my very own window!





Shirt: Anthropologie similar here
Skirt: J. Crew here (more gingham options below)
Clutch: Clare V. here
Shoes: J.Crew similar here
Sunglasses: Prada similar purple sunglasses



3 comments:

  1. Great outfit & great wall! When trying to determine the weather, I just recently made the mistake to believe my phone and not my own eyes... :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adore that skirt! And how come you always find the cutest backdrop for your photos?!

    Abby | Life in the Fash Lane

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your skirt is too darn cute and looks fantastic with your gold top! It is a bright and sunny look and worked wonderfully with the polka dot wall backdrop.

    ReplyDelete

Say hello to Hello Katie! I would love to hear from you!