Sunday, August 21, 2016

Shaping Up

The last few weeks have been stressful to say the least. School is back in session so I'm back to work. We are also in the midst of a landscape renovation that, according to our contractor, was supposed to take a week but then turned into two and at the moment is still not complete. (It's a long story!) So when Saturday rolled around, I was anxious to have a break from it all by sleeping in and going to one of my favorite restaurants for lunch. It's also been a couple weeks since I've done anything new with taking photos for my blog, so that was on my to do list as well. Unfortunately, they were having a music festival in the street right around the location I wanted to go to, so that wasn't going to happen. Luckily, my husband spotted this cool location, which actually worked out better than the other one I had in mind, a sure sign that maybe things are shaping up after all!




In regard to what I am wearing, I'm trying something a little bit new with this off the shoulder top featuring some fun and playful shapes. I am sure by now you are sick of the off the shoulder or cold shoulder trend and as always I am a little late to the party, so to speak, but it was fun to try something new. I got this top from SheIn and it was a steal at under $15. The one thing I like about SheIn is that you can try trendy items or things that you think might be a little out of your comfort zone without a lot of risk because their prices are so reasonable.





Shirt: c/o SheIn abstract cold shoulder blouse more cold shoulder options here
Pants: J. Crew similar pixie pants here
Shoes: J. Crew Gemma flats
Bag: Louis Vuitton Epi Alma
Sunglasses: Prada  Baroque round sunglasses



13 comments:

  1. Love that top! This background definitely made for the perfect backdrop!!! 😀

    Erica
    www.pumpsandpushups.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE that top! That background is absolutely perfect too!
    The Adored Life

    ReplyDelete
  3. Contractors always seem to take longer than expected, don't they? I hope things are looking up this week. You look beautiful and that background really was perfect!

    http://bedknobsandbaubles.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look amazing! I love that top, and the photo shoot location is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You look fantastic, I am loving that top (I'm always late to the party too!) Gorgeous as always. I hope you have a great week Katie, hope you're getting back into the swing of things! XO -Kim

    ReplyDelete
  6. CUTE BAG AND TOP
    http://www.melodyjacob.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cute top! You always find the greatest photo locations.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That top is the cutest print! Thanks for linking up with the Trend Spin Linkup. = )

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the print on this top! The purse is so beautiful too.

    Life is just Rosie

    ReplyDelete
  10. That location IS perfect and I love your outfit!!! Hope your landscaping gets completed sooner rather than later:)

    Laura
    www.blackcoffeebeautiful.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your bag!!!! Amazing work with the colors !:)

    https://scorseofstyles.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the location Katie, and think that when I was teaching I was stressed out the first week! Love your colorful top too!
    Hopefully your landscaping will be done soon
    Thanks for linking up with turning heads tuesday
    jess xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. I think this location goes perfectly with your fun top, so kudos to your husband there! Love this look. Good luck getting back into the swing of things, and I hope you get some rest!

    ReplyDelete

Say hello to Hello Katie! I would love to hear from you!