Thursday, September 22, 2016

Psychedelic Pattern Mixing

Happy first day of autumn! I suppose it's time to officially put away some of the brighter colors in my summer wardrobe, such as this floral print top, but over the last week or so in Los Angeles it's been around 100 degrees everyday. As you can see, I'm still in summer mode! For this floral top that I think has sort of a 60s or 70s psychedelic vibe to it, I decided to pattern mix with a black and white striped skirt. Admittedly, I have too many striped skirts, but the various lengths, styles and width of the stripes make them all different in my opinion. (This, however, is not a convincing argument to my husband!) Getting back to the pattern mixing, probably one of the easiest formulas to follow for a simple mixing of patterns is to pair a floral top with a striped skirt. The trick is getting the right proportions and balance. See, hubby, that's why it's important to have a variety of striped skirts to choose from...and having a variety of floral tops doesn't hurt either!






Skirt: Banana Republic similar here
Top: H&M similar here
Shoes: Kate Spade similar here
Bag: Louis Vuitton Marley in Pistache
Sunglasses: Prada here




3 comments:

  1. I love that striped skirt! It's super cute! I used to live in FL and Fall just didn't exist! Have a fab weekend!

    http://www.mylittlenest.org

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous combo! Thanks so much for linking up with Fun Fashion Friday!

    OXOX
    Dawn Lucy
    http://fashionshouldbefun.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how you brought Fall with the mustard and deep yellows of the pretty top. That striped skirt is darling, I love that the stripes are kind of zig-zag.

    ReplyDelete

Say hello to Hello Katie! I would love to hear from you!