Wednesday, November 23, 2016

It's a Tradition!

Happy Thanksgiving! One of the things that make the holidays so special are the traditions that you start or continue as a family. For us, those Thanksgiving traditions include things like watching the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade and the National Dog show with William while I prep food (and William tries to eat it!), such as my incredible mashed potatoes that are so good because they contain more sticks of butter than I will disclose to my family members! Sometimes traditions also include wearing certain items of clothing. Last year I wore this vintage Anthropologie duck skirt to dinner and although I'm not going to wear it again this year, I love to wear it around the week of Thanksgiving. Yes, I realize that they're ducks and not turkeys, but there's something about it that seems very fitting for this time of year!




Last year it was quite cold and I paired the skirt with a cashmere sweater and a red wool coat. This year it was just a little chilly and I wanted to be more casual, so I went with this bow sweatshirt. I had actually forgotten about the sweatshirt (this happens a lot!) until I found myself cleaning out my closet. It's a great neutral, so I will definitely be able to pair it with many things in the future. Perhaps it too will become a staple in my Thanksgiving wardrobe!




Skirt: Anthropologie
Sweatshirt: Kohl's
Shirt: J. Crew Factory
Shoes: Banana Republic
Bag: J. Crew
Sunglasses: Prada




1 comment:

  1. The bow detail on your top is so cute and that is such a fun print on your skirt! :) The bright blue shoes are really nice with your outfit too.

    Hope you had a lovely thanksgiving and have a great weekend ahead! :)

    Away From The Blue Blog

    ReplyDelete

Say hello to Hello Katie! I would love to hear from you!