Tuesday, February 28, 2017

Stripes, Dots, and Tassels...Oh My!

Even though I tend to lean a bit more on the dressier side of things, sometimes it's great to just wear jeans and a t-shirt. This is especially true when you're standing in front of a very loud and busy wall, such as this one that was designed by the artist Jason Woodside. This dotted, spotted and striped wall was one that was at the top of my list for cool walls to visit in the Los Angeles area. It just makes me happy to look at! Also, apparently, it made a bunch of other people happy too because a few people stopped just to snap pictures of it when we were there.



Even though jeans and a t-shirt may seem banal, a classic striped tee is never boring. I'll be the first to admit that I have way too many striped t-shirts. I have them in all different color schemes and variations in terms of the width of the stripes, yet somehow I am always willing to buy more. The one that I am wearing from J. Crew was appealing to me because it features my two favorite colors: purple and green. Below are some other great t-shirts that are both classic and, in some cases, also a little quirky at the same time.






This bag that I bought last spring from Rebecca Minkoff is another way that jeans and t-shirt can go from boring to fun. I love the tassels and all of the colors. I'm glad that they decided to continue making the bag in a variety of colors and styles. Below are some of my favorite variations of my bag for spring. The pink one is especially calling my name! I know I don't need another tassel bag, but like stripes, how can you have too many?





Tee: J. Crew here
Jeans: J. Crew similar style here
Bag: Rebecca Minkoff "Sofia" here, here, and here
Shoes: Forever 21 similar here


4 comments:

  1. That is a very fun wall! I agree with you too, a striped tee is always a classic! :) I never have a problem adding more stripes to my wardrobe, they work with so much.

    I still have that cute Rebecca Minkoff tassel bag on my wishlist, I'd love to get it one day as it's adorable :)

    Hope you are having a really good week :)

    Away From The Blue Blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fantastic wall! It looks very much like the scrapbooking papers I used to design.

    bisous
    Suzanne

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that striped tee and your purse. Fun wall too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love that tassel bag! That wall is so much fun! I love all the walls you go to. They totally fit your personality and style!

    http://www.mylittlenest.org

    ReplyDelete

Say hello to Hello Katie! I would love to hear from you!