Sunday, March 26, 2017

Gridlocked

This is totally unrelated to my outfit, but indulge me for a second while I rant about the traffic in Los Angeles. It is awful! It has always been bad, but each year the gridlock on the freeways gets worse and worse. As you can see, I am really sick of it, which is why I am desperately looking forward to my spring break coming up because that means I won't have to sit in traffic for two hours everyday going to and from work. Now that I've gotten that off my chest, I can proceed to my outfit, which features a grid print, thus also tying in with the title of this post. This grid print pencil skirt from Banana Republic not only features a fun graphic print, but it's got a lot of stretch to it, so it would make for something comfortable to wear while sitting in said traffic for two hours!



I love the color combination of green and pink! (Maybe because it reminds me of a watermelon?) I decided to utilize this color scheme to make the black and white print of the skirt really "pop". Originally, I was thinking of wearing bright pink shoes, but instead I opted for a pair of pink earrings. These pink tassel earrings have become a favorite of mine over the last month, plus they are also very light and comfortable just like the skirt!





Skirt: Banana Republic gingham midi pencil skirt
Tee: Target similar here
Bag: Fendi wallet on a chain here, blue version, pink version, red version
Shoes: Christian Louboutin "Simple" pump here
Sunglasses: Celine similar white sunglasses here
Earrings: Sugarfix from Target here




6 comments:

  1. Love that skirt! And what fun accessories you incorporated for this look too. Digging the tassel earrings.

    Abby of Life in the Fash Lane

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning skirt, and cute bag, loving this look, would never have put this together - well done! Jacqui
    www.mummabstylish.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how the pink of your lipstick matches your earrings! Neat. And the green works beautifully with the grid skirt.
    I feel your pain regarding gridlock. The traffic in London seems to get worse by the day and yet the trains seem even more packed than usual. Oh for a magic carpet, eh?

    http://petitesilvervixen.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a gorgeous outfit. I love the pink/green pops of color. And that bag is fabulous! Totally appropriate for the office. I live near Seattle and avoid rush hour at all costs!

    http://www.mylittlenest.org

    ReplyDelete
  5. The skirt is a cute print. I love pink and green together.
    http://tresfly.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Adorable skirt Katie! I need to check out BR more! Love the bag and the fun color and style it brings to the look. Great in green too!
    thanks for linking with turning heads tuesday
    jess xx
    www.elegantlydressedandstylish.com

    ReplyDelete

Say hello to Hello Katie! I would love to hear from you!