Sunday, March 19, 2017

Red and White in Redlands

My husband and I went to a lecture last week at the University of Redlands and I must say it felt good to be back in a collegiate setting. People always told me that college represents the best years of your life and while I think life right now is pretty great, if I could perpetually be a student and have the free time that I had in college, I wouldn't turn it down!



Even though college was sort of a laid back time in my life, the one thing that I was not lax about was my wardrobe. In fact, my husband, when we met in college, couldn't figure out why I was so dressed up all of the time at school. (I was not definitely not the wear your pajamas to class type!) Clearly, some things never change! Therefore, I wore this red and white fit and flare dress to the lecture, but with a denim jacket to make it more youthful and casual. This dress was actually only $20, which makes it something that any college student could afford!





The other great thing about college is the charm of college towns. The influx of students tends to bring a youthful element to the towns that surround the campus and this was definitely the case in Redlands. We found a great burger joint that not only had amazing food, but also an amazing Bourbon list, although I doubt they sell much of their $175 a glass Pappy Van Winkle 23 to college students! Redlands also had some cool vintage buildings and some great brick walls like this one that I opted to use for my photo shoot.


Dress: T.J. Maxx here
Jacket: Target similar here and here
Shoes: J. Crew similar here
Bag: Dolce & Gabbana "Sicily" here
Sunglasses: Celine




2 comments:

Say hello to Hello Katie! I would love to hear from you!