Sunday, March 5, 2017

Somewhere Over the Purple Rainbow

Last January, I searched in vain for this gorgeous purple, blue and pink wall located in North Hollywood. (You can read about that saga in my post entitled A Silver Lining to my Wall Woes, and, as you can see, I like to make my wall hunting escapades into epic dramas!) Anyway, after I put on my detective's hat, I eventually realized that this wall was located on the backside of an apartment building, facing a bike path. After the mystery was solved, I decided to make a pilgrimage back there at some point in time. That pilgrimage happened last weekend since we were in the area anyway seeing some friends for lunch.




I decided to keep it casual yet colorful with some fun accents in this outfit. If you read my last post, you'll know that I am dabbling again into the world of earrings, but have found that some are just too heavy for my delicate ear lobes. This pink tassel pair from Sugarfix are the perfect solution to this. They are big enough and bright enough to make a statement, but I could easily wear them all day with no discomfort. As a result, I bought several more pairs in different colors!




Last off all, I am wearing my new embellished "Jackie" cardigan from J. Crew. It seemed like everyone bought this sweater and this is understandable, because it's a fantastic color and most importantly it has sequins. I actually stole the idea of pairing the yellow cardigan with pink tassel earrings from the J. Crew catalog because it seemed like a great idea and it matched the wall!



Sweater: J. Crew embellished "Jackie" cardigan  here
Shirt: J. Crew Factory similar here
Jeans: Old Navy Rockstar jeans here
Clutch: Milly Rainbow clutch here
Shoes: J. Crew similar here
Sunglasses: Celine




9 comments:

  1. Im happy you found your wall, especially because it goes perfectly with your outfit! You look gorgeous, i love that color yellow on you! XO - Kim

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that vibrant cardi! Mustard used to be my favorite color to wear. You reminded me to take out my mustard pieces off my closet.

    Abby of Life in the Fash Lane

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally love how you put together such a lovely colourful outfit. Embelishments are so big this season, no wonder this cardigan is so popular
    https://lookingfabulousat50.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
  4. those sunglasses are the best!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this sequined cardi! The color is amazing and I love that wall! A definite good thing you went back to! :) Looking fab as always Katie!

    http://www.mylittlenest.org

    ReplyDelete
  6. That cardigan is super cute and love the colorful wall!

    xx,
    Kileen
    cute & little

    ReplyDelete
  7. You always have the best background walls! As colorful and beautiful as you outfits. Dying over this sweater, I need to have it!

    xx, Elise
    www.sparkleandslippers.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your cardigan is fabulous...no wonder it's popular! It looks great over the striped shirt. I can't wear heavy earrings either but I love the pink tassels - I might have to get some :-)

    Emma xxx
    www.style-splash.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the texture and color of your cardi and the colorful clutch too. Love to hear of your wall hunting escapades!
    thanks for linking
    jess xx
    www.elegantlydressedandstylish.com

    ReplyDelete

Say hello to Hello Katie! I would love to hear from you!