Thursday, April 6, 2017

Heels on Fire!

Certain things become instant favorites among J. Crew fanatics like myself, such as this vintage "Heels on Fire" T-shirt. You've probably already seen this shirt everywhere (Instagram, other blogs, or just walking down the street) already and you've probably also seen it paired with the J. Crew berry print skirt, but here's my spin on the look.




As you can see, my spin on the look involves the addition of a leopard belt, because leopard is, after all, a neutral, no matter how much my husband protests against this idea. I also took the slogan on the T-shirt rather literally (okay, not literally because my shoes are not actually on fire!) by wearing red pumps and a red enameled sterling silver Manolo Blahnik for Tous high heel necklace with the ensemble. Last of all, for an edgy touch, I am wearing my studded Vince Camuto clutch. I might not be reinventing the wheel with the look but I think it's still pretty fierce!




Tee: J. Crew vintage Heels on Fire T-Shirt here
Skirt: J. Crew Berry Skirt here
Shoes: J. Crew Valencia similar red pumps here
Bag: Vince Camuto similar clutch here
Sunglasses: Celine similar white sunglasses here




5 comments:

  1. Totally adorable and yes, on fire!! Thanks so much for linking up with Fun Fashion Friday & have a fab weekend!

    OXOX
    Dawn Lucy

    http://fashionshouldbefun.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am a huge fan of red so I need your J.Crew Tee and J.Crew Skirt in my closet. Love them. I always love the pairing of red, white and blue too. Great feminine and sort of retro Americana look, here, Katie. And yes, leopard is a neutral!!


    Welcome by and join my latest Thursday Moda linkup pretty lady.

    http://eleganceandmommyhood.blogspot.com/2017/04/thursday-moda-58-blush-pink-floral-and.html

    Have the best weekend! Ada. =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm a sucker for a good graphic tee! I actually haven't seen this one yet on other bloggers but I love your mixing of the prints, color, and 'neutral' leopard print. Did you hear about Jenna Lyons leaving J. Crew? I know you're a big fan so I wonder what that will mean for future collections and the direction of the company? Enjoy your weekend!
    -Kristin
    countdowntofridayblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm a sucker for a cute tee, and this one is a lot of fun! I love that you always play with prints and bright colors, and the red heels are so appropriate for the tee.
    Chic on the Cheap

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have seen this tee around, but I am in Love with how you styled it! So perfect with the berry skirt and flaming red pumps. A little leopard is always a good idea, too. Thanks so much for linking up with Fabulous Friday! Also, I am currently looking for co-hosts, so I hope you will consider the opportunity.

    ReplyDelete

Say hello to Hello Katie! I would love to hear from you!